Some of the activities that we intend to conduct in the near future are:
- Identifying research opportunities and need for developing time and context specific environmental education programs.
- Continuing on the climate change and its impacts awareness campaigns.
- Identifying overlapping interests for collaboration with government and non governmental organizations in designing, implementing and administering natural resources management programs.
Since the inception of SDI Nepal in 2009 the organization has actively involved in various programs deliveries. Some of the activities that the SDI was directly and indirectly involved are listed below:
- Socio Ecological Study and research on Beeshazar Lake of Chitwan District Nepal with the support of Kathmandu University, School of Education, February-January 2009
- Completed a research to investigate Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Biodiversityalong Gosaikunda Trekking Trail from Dhunche to Gosaikunda March-April 2009.
- Coordinate and Lead Socio Economic Inventory of Lakes in Parbat District: A Joint undertaking between National Lake Conservation and Development Committee (NLCDC), Governemnt of Nepal (GoN) and National Trust for Nature Conservation (NTNC)to prepare strategic plans for Lakes in October 2010.
- Organized the workshop “Global Environmental Issues & Environment Education in Nepal”in collaboration with Kathmandu University School of Education. November 10 2010.
- Organized Inter-School Poster making Competition on climate change to raise awareness of climate change in collaboration with PABSON Lalitpur, Kathmandu University, School of Education, June 5th
- Organized the collaborative campaign “Our Mountain Our Responsibility (OMOR) for Conservation and Promotion”in collaboration with the Tourism Development Endeavours (TUDE), Youth Engagement in Sustainability (Yes Nepal) and Yuwa Dalan in the year 2011.
- Organized a two-day workshop on ‘Mountain Ecosystem and Environment Education in Nepal’ in Kathmandu University, School of Education, November 21-22, 2011, Balkumari, Lalitpur.
- Participated/Organized Wetland DayProgramme in Sauraha, Chitwan in conjunction with the British Council, TUDE and YES Nepal in February 2nd 2011
- Organized the Talk Program “Green Economy: In relation to Climate Change in Nepal” in World Environment Day 2012, Kathmandu University, School of Education, June 5th
The following organizations have benefitted from the programs that were conducted by the SDI Nepal:
- Young Green Leaders, Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation through NTNC Central Zoo
- Friends of Zoo (FOZ) Coordinator Teacher’s Committee, Jwalakhel, Lalitpur Nepal
- Arunima Cooperative Limited Lagankhel, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Holistic Consultancy Private Limited, Kathmandu Nepal
- Faculty, Kathmandu University, School of Education, Balkumari Lalitpur, Nepal
- Agricultural and Mother’s Group, Kabre VDC, Dolakha District, Nepal
- Shree Krishna Yuwa Parishad, Bhaimal Committee, Gothatar-9, kathmandu Nepal
- National Campus, Balkumari, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Tejbinayak Higher Secondary School Gothatar- 8, Kathmandu Nepal
- Satyawati Higher Secondary School, Green Club, Kumpur, Dhading Nepal.
- Children’s Heaven School, Kumaripati, Lalitpur
- Gyan Kunja Higher Secondary School, Talchhikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Gyan Shikha Boarding High School, Natole, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Caribbean Higher Secondary School, Manbhawan, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Gyanodaya Bal Batika Residential School, Bhaisepati, Lalitpur, Nepal